Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Josh Barnett on Expecting Great Things



Josh Barnett makes an interesting point about expecting greatness from yourself. Winning is not a surprise to him, it's something that he expects to happen. He notes this about winning the UFC heavyweight title at 24 years of age:

My mindset was so set that there could be no other outcome. I get the belt and it wasn't like, "Oh my God, I did it." It was like, "Of course. Of course I did it. What else should I have expected?"

It falls in line with why Mike Tyson said he didn't celebrate after winning; it was because it is what he expected so it'd be silly to celebrate. Additionally, Italian soccer player Mario Balotelli had a great quote on him just doing his job so he doesn't need to celebrate:

“I don’t celebrate because I’m only doing my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?”

It all falls in line with expecting greatness, victory, and peak performance out of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations