Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stephanie Skinner: Honor and Discipline have been instilled within my soul

What are some of the main lessons you have learned through mixed martial arts?

The main lessons I have learned...definitely has made me an all around more disciplined person and more respectful of everything in life. The life of a fighter is one of honor and discipline and those values have been more instilled within my soul.

What motivates you to compete in mixed martial arts?
What motivates me to compete now is my drive to compete and be the best fighter I can be; my passion for the sport. I started my pro career out rough 0-3 and then my 3rd loss in a row was to my current coach Diana Rael, she dealt me my worse beating, and from then on out all I want to do is finish people viciously how she finished me. My coach Diana motivates me a lot by just being the great coach and fighter that she is. Trained under our head coach Ben; they both motivate me a lot.

What and who inspires you?
I am inspired by coaches and team, they are the ones who are in the gym day in and day out and we push each other to our limits and make each other better.

What's a quote that inspires you?
Winners never quit and quitters never win. I hold this message close to my heart, I am a firm believer in and was raised upon it, I have never quit anything although I may have wanted, winners push past it and continue forward.

We feature inspirational quotes from fighters on our site; any motivational or inspirational message you'd like to share with our readers?
My message would be…no matter the struggle, if you believe you can and want to bad enough, you can climb any ladder you want. I am proof, started out 0-3 I now have a 5 fight contract for a nationally televised promotion and I am making my name bigger and will continue to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations